- Gift Vouchers
- Workshops and courses
- Teacher training
- Advanced teacher training
- Get in touch
- My account
A course with Ian Davis
Starts Mon 5 Aug 2024
Discover the power of Ashtanga and learn to share it to make a difference.
For teachers and trainees.
Mon 5th Aug 2024 ~ 9am to 4:30pm (7½hrs)
Tue 6th Aug 2024 ~ 9am to 4:30pm (7½hrs)
Wed 7th Aug 2024 ~ 9am to 4:30pm (7½hrs)
Thu 8th Aug 2024 ~ 9am to 4:30pm (7½hrs)
Fri 9th Aug 2024 ~ 9am to 4:30pm (7½hrs)
- £300 -
You can pay by instalments if it's easier - £60 deposit + 8 payments of £30.
This is a chance to fully understand and appreciate quite how special Ashtanga is and the difference it can make.
Suitable for anyone that wants to teach Ashtanga classes, or to use the tools to enrich what they already do.
A meaningful journey rich with philosophy, movement and tools to help your students grow stronger in body but also in mind (as well as to relax and surrender).
We change through experience, not knowledge. With Ashtanga the many principles that we find in the older yoga texts are not simply explained, but slowly revealed though our own experiences on the mat.
It’s a project to lose our ego and to instead find ourselves.
Learn to unlock this powerful form of yoga and how to share it with others of any age or ability.
This crazy modern world needs more good Ashtanga teachers.
- We will teach the clear path of progression from pose to pose, sequence to sequence.
- We will look at bandhas, drishti, ujayii, modifications and vinyasas as well as quite uniquely Ashtanga things like Mysore style and the counted class.
- Teach your students to build strength from within - body and mind - through focus on breath.
Don’t assume this is only for the fit and strong. We will show how to make this practice accessible - so our students can start from where they are, but also learn to be more of what they could be.
About Ian :
Ian has taught Ashtanga for twenty years having learned originally to teach with David Swenson. He has since practiced under John Scott, Patthabi Jois, Manju Jois and…well…many other really inspiring teachers. He still thinks Ashtanga is just a little bit of secret magic that can change people and thus the world we all share.
* Please note Workshops will be refunded only if we can find someone to take your place. Obviously we will take account of exceptional circumstances - please contact reception at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help *