- Gift Vouchers
- Workshops and courses
- Teacher training
- Advanced teacher training
- Get in touch
- My account
with Celia Swan
Sat 7 Sep
Join Dr Celia to help build your confidence to incorporate Perinatal students into your classes.
For teachers and trainees.
- £25 -
Safely incorporating pregnant and postnatal yoga students -
A 2.5hr perinatal workshop to help build your confidence to incorporate students into your classes - with our resident Doctor and perinatal teacher Dr Celia Swan.
· This will include a mini pregnancy and postnatal yoga practice for you to experience (heart burn not included).
· Practical work on how to find suitable alternatives for your perinatal students.
· Pregnancy: the trimesters - suitable poses, modifications and props.
· Labour: different modes of birth and what this may mean for physical & emotional recovery.
· Postnatal healing including: diastasis recti, abdominals, pelvic floor.
· Common Postnatal issues & how you can help your students.
Please bring a block and / or a cushion if you have one so you can experience propping.
OrangeYoga Advanced Teacher Training Student hours
About Dr Celia Swan
Celia is passionate about welcoming perinatal students into main stream classes as well as teaching pregnancy and postnatal classes. She practiced Obstetrics & Gynaecology at Newcastle Royal Infirmary, Neonates at Gloucester Royal Hospital, and currently works as a GP when not teaching yoga or changing dirty nappies.
She started teaching in 2010 at which point she was scared of any perinatal students who arrived at class - but that has changed through experience, training & the birth of her own two tiddlers. She completed her Forrest Yoga Advanced Teacher Training in 2005 with Ana Forrest, is a Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher & is a Poppy Perinatal Yoga Training Graduate.